The following statement explains our policy regarding the personal information we collect about you.
1. Statement of intent
From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address etc) in order to receive or use services on our website.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable VITAL and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. Our services are designed to give you the information that you want to receive. VITAL will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
2. Information on visitors
During the course of any visit to this website, the pages you see are downloaded to your computer (see point 3 for more on this).
3. Use and storage of your personal information
When you supply any personal information to vitalforchildren.org (e.g. for donations, email queries etc.) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it (see the notices on particular web pages that let you know why we are requesting the information) and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else. In general, any information you provide to VITAL will only be used within VITAL and by its service providers. It will never be supplied to anyone outside VITAL without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. Also, if you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to VITAL, that VITAL considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, VITAL can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behaviour. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or e-mail provider about the content and your behaviour.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for at least 7 years or long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
4. Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that VITAL holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests to:
140 Grosvenor Road
London SW1V 3JS
United Kingdom 5.
Users 16 and under
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the VITAL website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Access to and use of vitalforchildren.org is provided by VITAL subject to the following terms:
2. vitalforchildren.org may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by VITAL. Your continued use of vitalforchildren.org after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended. Use of vitalforchildren.org
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use vitalforchildren.org content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any vitalforchildren.org content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of vitalforchildren.org content requires the prior written permission of VITAL.
4. You agree to use vitalforchildren.org only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of vitalforchildren.org. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within vitalforchildren.org. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. vitalforchildren.org content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to VITAL, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. vitalforchildren.org and/or VITAL will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of vitalforchildren.org.
7. VITAL does not warrant that functions contained in vitalforchildren.org content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that vitalforchildren.org or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Intellectual Property
8. The names, images and logos identifying VITAL, or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the VITAL/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of VITAL or any other third party. Contributions to vitalforchildren.org
10. Further to paragraph 9, by submitting your contribution to vitalforchildren.org, you:
10.1 warrant that your contribution;
10.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to vitalforchildren.org for all the purposes specified above;
10.1.2 is not defamatory; and
10.1.3 does not infringe any law; and
10.2 indemnify VITAL against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by vitalforchildren.org as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
10.3 waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on vitalforchildren.org and the purposes specified above. General 11. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere www. vitalforchildren.org (including local house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
12. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
13. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Credits This version of VITAL's website (vitalforchildren.org) was launched in May 2008 Please send any comments regarding the site to email@example.com.